Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

Orienteering - Afu



Today Leon came into our class for our last session of orienteering. When Leon finished talking to us we had to go down to the junior playground where Elaina (Irine's daughter) was so she could give us the map. I chose to work by myself because it was easier and you don't need to wait for anyone in your team. There was 2 courses one on the field and one by the court I started on course 1, I had to wait 40 minutes till I could run to my first control. I waited for 40 minutes then Leon told me I could go, I looked at my map to find my first destination ( A ), I found it, the first control was in the parking lot out side the school. I had trouble trying to find it, I looked at my map again then I found it, I pushed the control down onto my paper then I went to my second destination. When I finished finding all 11 controls on the first course I went to Elaina for the next map ( course 2 ), I looked on the map for the first control of course 2 then I found it, it was at the back of rooms 1, 2, 3, and 4. When I finished the course I ran to Elaina and she wrote the time on the paper, it said 22:30. I could of done better by running faster. I enjoyed the last session of orienteering, and I thank Leon, Elaina, and Irine for coming to our school and doing orienteering.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Afu!

    My name is Rachel and I am running the Winter Learning Journey programme this holiday. We are having a great time blogging and I really hope that you will consider joining us. It's really easy and fun :)

    To join, all you have to do is log onto the Winter Learning website, click on the "Weekly Activities" tab, scroll down and choose an activity that interests you. You then blog about it on your blog site and I will read it, comment and give you points. You'll earn a certificate and a badge and, if you one of the 'Top 3 bloggers' you will also earn a great prize at the end of the holiday!

    I'll check back in a couple of days to see if you've chosen to take up the challenge and join the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    Hope to see you online this holiday :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete