Pages

Friday 12 August 2016

Provocation - Olympic venues


LI: To consider both points of view/ opinions/ perspectives when forming an opinion. Today LS2 had to create a DLO about Olympic venues, our question was Should host nations have to spend so much money on building Olympic venues? We had to include both points of view, my opinion, a before and after picture of an Olympic venue. My opinion was No because they spend alot of money on the buildings. Point of view A thought no, and point of view B thought yes. I chose to do the National Beijing Stadium for before and after, we also had to attribute our images. They spent 2.9 billion on the National Beijing Stadium, I think that is a waste of money because they don't reuse the buildings. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Afu
    I really like how you displayed your DLO and how you think the same as me I say "NO" because what are they gonna do to the buildings when the Olympics are finished and it is a waste of time and money. But great work Afu and keep up and post more post on your blog.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afu, I agree with you, Ana and Jessie they should use it on things that matter more than the Olympics. I like the fact you added a 2005 image and a 2016 image of the National Beijing Stadium, it really shows the difference. Though not all of the stadiums are left to die. Some are reused like the Ericsson stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you have tried hard to think about both sides of this provocation Afu. Well done. Please go back and look at point of view B. You have written terrorism but I think you mean tourism :)

    ReplyDelete